Saturday 4 April 2009

WALINDI ISLAND

These are just a few photos from my trip to Walindi island today. It is a beautiful tropical island about 30 mins off the coastline. It was a scorcher of a day with temps reaching around 40 degrees. Sun tans all round.

As soon as we reached the island we went snorkeling around the reefs. It was absolutely beautiful swimming in the warm water of the lagoons. I saw clown fish (nemo's), angel fish and lots of other weird and interesting tropical creatures. I also came face to face with a 4 foot barracuda. He was only about a meter away from my face, I swam like the clappers to get away before he got any ideas of an early lunch. I really wish i had an underwater camera because my words really don't do it justice. The reef at Walindi is by far the most spectacular i've seen so far. 

Hope you're not too jealous.

Love, Emma x








No comments: