Wednesday 31 December 2008

WESAN

For new years eve we went to the beach ("wesan" in pigeon). We did some snorkelling, which was class. We didn't swim the whole way out to the reef but some day we're going to take the boat out and have a good look around. I did manage to find a starfish though which wasn't too bad for my first time.

Today we're going to a local resort to have a BBQ for new years day so that'll be fun. It's so strange celebrating the new year here at 30 degrees! My dad leaves with Simon tomorrow for the weekend, they're heading into the bush to visit a potential tribe for Simon and Annika. I wanted to go but I'll have my turn soon. I'll get them to take some pics of what they did and you can have a look.

Thanks to everyone who has been praying that I'll settle in and feel at home here, it really is a beautiful place and I know I'll enjoy my time here.

Happy New Year and I'll post another update soon.

Love, 

Emma x

ps : Keep the comments coming, I like those.











1 comment:

What? said...

Beautiful , I like it.
What's this guy doing in the bottom pic?

It looks great, the weather must be strange bringing in the new yr in that heat. Apparently it's gonna be -12 next week, I can't really get my head around that. Dad was saying that he's seen it at -17 here, mad craic.

The camera seems to be of good quality and producing some lovely pics. Though, I want a "tribal dude" pic up very soon. Bring it home.

Boa noite senhora,
Jonny

x