Friday 2 January 2009

NEVER SMILE AT A CROCODILE

Yesterday my family and a few missionaries from the base went to a local resort to hang out and eat some food on new years day. The resort is absolutely beautiful. It has a beach just outside the restaurant where we eat, with imported sand from another country but it still looks great none the less. They also have a little animal park just next to it where we went to visit the crocodiles and where I learnt my new pigeon word : pukpuk (crocodile). One of the guys was beating a stick off something and the croc did a full 180 degree jump in our direction, we ran so fast. 

However the best part of the day was when my brother and I went for a swim out to the reef to snorkel. It was an amazing experience seeing the vast array of colours, fish and different creatures. It's crazy looking. I caught another starfish and this time it was a big blue one. I'm getting pretty good at this aren't I? In the next few weeks we'll go to an even bigger reef and go for a dive to see what's within the deeper seas, I can't wait.

I know it may sound like I'm not doing any work but that all starts on Tuesday. Today I had a meeting with the principal of the Malango school here to arrange the work I will be doing. Turns out, I will be a full time teacher of a Secondary School English class. I'm a little scared but hopefully after a few lessons I'll be fine. 

I took a few pictures of around the base (mini America) today which I will get up really soon.

In the mean time here's a few of the resort yesterday and the catch of the day, my lovely blue starfish.

Love, 

Emma x





1 comment:

Claire said...

a full time english teacher...ha! that'll be some craic. it'll keep you busy anyway. wee nya's gorgeous emma...so cute. the snorkelling sounds sweet...i'm sure the diving will be pretty amazing too. although on one of our dives in thailand all we saw was a car tyre and a pile of batteries. hope yours is better! miss you xx